Development Chemist Required!
My client is a well established contract chemical processing company based in the North West of the UK, with decades of experience formulating and processing speciality chemicals for multi-national chemical and agrochemical companies.
Due to expansion, they are currently looking to employ a Development Chemist on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing new formulations and processes with development if necessary, the commissioning and provision of laboratory support for new manufacturing processes and ensuring products meet the required specification.
Duties will include but not be limited to;
· Accountable for ensuring that Health & Safety, HACCP, Quality and Environmental standards are applied in all production plant areas in accordance with company policies, guidelines and procedures.
· Maintain high standards of house keeping in laboratory and semi-tech areas.
· Develop new and existing formulations or processes as necessary.
· Keep good records of experimentation and prepare customer reports
· Perform analysis on products according to defined analytical methods and standard operating procedures.
· Preparation and dispatch of samples to customers or contract laboratories as appropriate.
· Maintain and calibrate semi-tech equipment.
· Record and report analytical results to production staff and customers.
· Generate Certificates of Analysis and Certificates of Conformity as required.
· Train laboratory and production staff in new analytical methods, processes and procedures.
· Undertake COSHH and Risk Assessments for new chemicals and processes.
· Support development analysts when required.
The suitable candidate will ideally be a chemist with a degree qualification or equivalent suitable experience. You will be inquisitive, observational with a technical and mechanical aptitude. QC and Analytical (HPLC & GC) experience is essential to this role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position and applying, please contact Edward Thompson on 01279 657 716 or email email@example.com
Job ref: 9064