Our client is a market leading business supplying research tools to life scientists worldwide. The culture is one that empowers individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. They place great emphasis on knowledge and experience and the working environment is fun and fast-paced, with everybody working together as a team.
This is a maternity cover opportunity to join our Marketing and Product Category Management team for a 9 month contract.
About the Role
The purpose of this role will be to work within the Kits and Assays Team and with other teams in marketing, commercial, operations and research to bring a Product Management approach to marketing our range of assays and to provide leadership and execution for all products in our Assays portfolio to deliver the revenue target for owned product ranges.
The key duties involved in this role would be to:
· Reach budgeted targets and increase revenue
· Development and management of global strategic marketing plan and priorities for new product launches for assays portfolio.
· Develop the coordinated marketing programs for the owned assays range and work with relevant colleagues to develop a marketing plan using multiple channels to deliver marketing message
· Deliver and maintain comprehensive market assessment for product range and identify future product development opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation
· Act as technical champion for product range
· Responsible for new product launch process – including internal and external communication of new product launches. Ensuring that the relevant marketing communications are in place to support the launch.
· Liaise with Operations and Scientific Support to ensure the smooth integration of new products into the catalogue.
· Recommend new products/ranges for addition to the catalogue
· Develop pricing strategy for the product range and work with regional teams to develop product push plans and set pricing strategies for products, ensuring acceptable margins.
· Maintain a sales dashboard
We are looking for someone with experience working in a commercial capacity in a life sciences or related industry. You should hold a degree in a biological discipline and be computer literate with appropriate IT skills. A PhD in molecular or cellular biology or related area would be an advantage as would a marketing qualification.
You should be an excellent communicator who is able to build relationships and be well organised and able to manage projects. You should also be a self-starter, with an analytical and commercial mindset.
The role would involve up to 20% international travel.
Product Manager 9 Month Contract | Assays | South East UK