The Company: An international life science reagents business with a market-leading reputation and great career growth opportunities.
About the Role: The Scientific Support Team is responsible for providing daily technical support to customers via email and phone. The company is creating the new position of Scientific Support Specialist – Epigenetics expert to support the growing customer base using their products in the field of Epigenetics and backs their future plans to expand their market presence in this area.
As the Epigenetics expert, you will handle all Epigenetics related customers queries. You will also be involved in liaising with production labs about products issues and improvements, updating the website epigenetic pages and protocols, as well as managing customer review. In addition to this, you will have the opportunity to work on departmental and inter-departmental projects, sharing your expertise in epigenetics with your team and the rest of the organisation. You may be asked from times to times to support commercial efforts by participating to seminars and tradeshows or giving technical presentations.
- Troubleshoot problems with antibody-related applications, especially ChIP, and other applications (Western blot, IHC, ELISA, etc.
- Be the customer facing epigenetics expert for the company, including giving internal and external seminars, presentations, etc.
- Resolve complaints by providing optimal solutions to customers, balanced with commercial needs
- Improve our customers work in the lab and increase sales by cross-selling where appropriate.
- Liaise with product suppliers to obtain product information when necessary
- Update product datasheets when new information becomes available
- Actively participate in team meetings and train team members on epigenetic topics
- Some travel to conferences and customer visits required
About You: You will need to have a PhD with additional post-doc research experience in epigenetics or a related field. You will need experience in antibody related applications including extensive chromatin immunoprecipitation. You should be a good team player with excellent communication skills. You should have strong attention to detail and be passionate about delivering quality scientific support to the customers. Please note that this is not a bench position.
This role is based in Cambridgeshire; please state your current location and if you are willing to relocate to the are if you are living outside of the area. Please also include your guideline salary expectations.
Please contact Jonathan Pearse on 01279 657716 or email email@example.com
Job Ref: 9704
Scientific Support Specialist | Epigenetics | South East UK