The company is a UK biotechnology company that combines a long scientific heritage in translational research with a world-leading gene editing platform based upon homologous recombination. The Company is a trusted supplier of genetically-defined cell lines, reporter gene assay kits, genomic reference standards and contract research services to organizations engaged in bio-pharmaceutical process optimization, drug discovery & development, and clinical diagnostic development. The organisation aspires to provide science-driven research solutions that lead to the advancement in the understanding of the genetic basis of disease and the delivery of better healthcare outcomes for patients
The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise in oncology and is a leading provider of translational genomics research tools and drug discovery services to support the development of personalized medicines.
We are recruiting for a Business Development / Sales Executive to expand the sales team in Europe in their cell line product/reagent business. This key role will generate awareness and sell Isogenic cell lines, Reporter kits, custom cell line generation kits and cellular models and gene modulation kits.
Commercial Sales is the life blood of any company and you will be part of a vibrant organisation. You must be able to drive short-term revenue and build long-term relationships.
- Grow new business revenue and establish business relationships within the region
- Implement corporate sales and marketing plans
- Secure and retain business through professional, consultative, proactive sales activities directed at decision-makers and decision influencers at new clients
- Individual will position the company as a primary or preferred provider for disease model cell lines, endogenous reporter kits and custom cell engineering services and kits
- Interact with operations and marketing to close new business and develop long-term relationships
- Interact positively with the entire business development team
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated sales ability coupled with sales planning and ability to execute an agreed sales strategy
- An understanding of cell-based assays in drug discovery
- Ability to assess client needs and craft recommendations through effective written and oral presentations
- Analytical skills; ability to read, analyze, and interpret data, produce reports and documents to support sales arguments
- Ability to identify leads, assess the value of new business/product opportunities and close deals
- Solid technical background coupled with a commercial attitude and desire to succeed
- Demonstrated business acumen and responds proactively to business challenges
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve goals
- Makes good business decisions and solves problems
- Established network of contacts in the local drug discovery industry
- Able to lead the business development process, coordinate multinational teams and support deal negotiations to reach final agreements
- Person should be persuasive and be effective in negotiation
- Minimum BS, MS / PhD preferable, in a Life Sciences discipline
- Sales experience is desirable however the company are also looking to speak with you if you have a strong technical background and a desire to move into sales.
- Demonstrable understanding of cell-based assays, cell and molecular biology ESSENTIAL
- Home based in France or Belgium
- This position requires frequent travel in Europe.
Please call Jonathan Pearse on +44 (0) 1279 657716 or email email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
Job Ref: 9759
Business Development Executive France - Lignees cellulaires